One of our students, Hannah Smith, has been assigned an assistance dog that will be resident in College this academic year (picture attached).
Her name is Olympia and she’s a physical assistance and medical response dog. She is fresh out of training and Hannah is reinforcing that training. Hannah would therefore be grateful if everyone could do the following:
– Please ignore Olympia entirely if she has her purple vest on (no touching, talking to or staring)
– If she doesn’t, please still ignore her, but you can ask for a cuddle and if I say yes, I’ll give her a release cue
– Please look at and talk to me not her
– Please don’t offer her any food
– Please let me give any cues, if you want her to do something ask me and I’ll cue her