Message headers are used to report a Phishing email. You may be asked to send a message header to IT for reporting a Phishing email to University’s Information Security services.
If you use Web mail to access your emails, please click here.
How to view Message Headers in Outlook
- Open the specific email message in a new Window by double clicking on the email.
- Go to “File” tab and click on the “Properties” button.
- A window as shown below will open and you will be able to see the message headers.
Please copy the Internet Headers and send to IT if requested.
- Login to Outlook Web mail, open the specific message in a new window by double clicking on the message.
- Click on the Message Details icon on the toolbar at the top of the message.
- This will open the Message Details box and under the Internet Mail you will find the message headers.
Please copy the header and send it to IT if requested.