All College standard meeting rooms have not only the equipment for video conferencing, but a specific MS Teams account you can include in your meeting invites so those physically in the room can be joined by people connecting remotely. All public teaching rooms with AV in also have Zoom installed. The guide below is specifically for MS Teams but a similar outcome is possible for Zoom too.
A College public teaching room has been booked for a tutorial with four students and a teacher. One or more students are suddenly unable to attend in person (e.g. self-isolating). The hybrid system will allow the student(s) unable to attend in person, to still take part in and watch the tutorial taking place in the public teaching rooms.
A committee meeting is booked for a public meeting room. Some members will be on site in the room. Some members are working from home. The Hybrid system will allow those working at home to take part in the meeting happening in the room.
How Do I Setup a Hybrid Meeting?
Each public teaching room has its own email address & associated MS Teams account. Think of each public room as a ‘person’ to invite on MS Teams.
Setup Before the Meeting
Simply add the email address of the room (see table below) to the ‘Required’ or ‘To’ element of your MS Teams meeting invite. All attendees will receive the familiar MS Team meeting link
Setup During the Meeting (Ad Hoc)
The AV equipment in each room automatically logs in to its own MS Teams account. Simply pressing the Teams icon on the AV Screen will allow you to access the familiar MS Teams interface. You can then either using the ‘Call’ feature to call everyone working remotely or creating a ‘Meeting’ and invite everyone. The rooms microphone and webcam will then be active.
|Teaching Rooms||Email Address To Include In Your MS Teams Meeting Invite|
|Collaborative Workspace (Cloisters)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Lecture room VIIemail@example.com|
|Amersi Foundation Lecture Room
(Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange for a camera to be left in the Amersi room, giving at least 24 business hours’ notice)
How do I Activate my Hybrid Meeting Once in the Room?
- Switch on the AV / Screen in the room. The inbuilt Windows 10 PCs should start.
- On the desktop / taskbar is the MS Teams icon. Press it. The device should login automatically.
- Once logged in to the application, go to ‘Calendar’
- Your meeting should be in the calendar (if you have setup the hybrid meeting already). Click you meeting and press Join. The webcam and microphone in the room will then start broadcasting to the meeting and be thus be visible to all those joining remotely.
- If you have not set the meeting up already. You can use the ‘Calls’ option (beneath the calendar function highlight in point 3) to manually ‘call’ multiple people and join them to the room. You could also press ‘Calendar’ and create a meeting for now and invite everyone that way.